Saturday, May 12, 2012

Woe is Me, Alcohol is Not to Be...

A crisp New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc is my happy indulgence. 

A cold beer after sweating in the sun is a thirst quenching blessing.

The Cuba Libre is a favorite mixed drink, especially when celebrating a reunion with Brenda Pate.

Unfortunately, all types of alcohol whether wine, beer or spirits cause the same problem for me with 100 percent predictability. Migraine Headache;. pound, pound, pound. After a busy work week, D and I shared a lovely bottle of dry Riesling last evening. Four hours later, an unusually nasty right hemi-cranial misery, recalcitrant to the usual soothing effects of sumatriptan. ARghhhh....

The situation makes me angry.

There's definitely a serious incompatibility going on here. Even today, I feel sluggish.

Damn it.

1 comment:

  1. We are the same. Always have to make a call on whether I want the wine or the martini AND the follow-up headache. And as for beer, I've given it up.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!