Monday, August 27, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me

Today was a perfect day, starting with a good night's sleep after a two day camping trip whilst tossing and turning in a sleeping bag inside of a tent. The trip was marvelous but the sleep...not so good.

I totally indulged myself in the day, my 58th Birthday.

First the coffee and newspaper.

Then, the triple pickup: garbage, recycle, and yard waste. Purge!

Then a sweet call from my darling Daughter.
And, lots of Facebook greetings.

Then, the much needed haircut from Ching.

Then, lunch at Menchies, using my gift card to indulge in another triple whammy: coconut, original tart, and watermelon ice topped with mini-chocolate chips. Divine.  I am totally addicted.

Then, a visit to Dad. Bless his heart; he sang Happy Birthday to me and I caught it on video. Last year he sang to me as well but I didn't have my camera on him in time. I remember praying that he'd remain healthy and with us a full year later so I could hear him sing again. Yes!

 

Then, a lovely, relaxing interlude at the salon getting a pedicure whilst reading People Magazine.


Then, I did something I've never done.....more later. Maybe.

Then, a wonderful dinner at Palisade with my man.

Kate and Denny 8/27/12

 


Then, a stop at Whole Foods for a sweet dessert to enjoy. And, then a call from my wonderful Son and Daughter-in-Law with more greetings.

And now, I sit with my laptop and ponder how wonderful it is to celebrate birthdays and another blessed year. May there be many more. There is so much living ahead.

I am blessed. Blessed. And, very grateful.


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great birthday (Tina)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very good day. Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, Kate! I am so happy that you fully enjoyed your birthday. Sounds perfect! And, so special to have your Dad sing to you.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!