Sunday, August 12, 2012

Status Update



Ahead of the Wave , this baby of mine, hangs on my consciousness like another bit of unfinished business. Created in late August 2007, the Wave,  will soon celebrate five years and boast nearly  1000 posts. I've not been writing of late because I'm thinking....thinking hard about its future direction. Some of many considerations have included:

--taking the blog to an even 1000 posts and then.....
--taking the blog to its 5 year anniversary on August 24 and then.....
--pressing on without change, posting intermittently in keeping with my recent pattern,
--ramping up the posting schedule, seeking the prior commitment to writing,
--letting the blog fizzle out,
--and other less definitive ideas.

Two weeks ago I ordered "hard copies" of my blog from blog2print, a sweet web site that prints each year's posts into a book. I've 2007, 2008, and 2011 so far with 2009 and 2011 pending. Hard copy lined up in a row feels more accomplished to my eye than an accessible, cyber-archive requiring another login and password. Give me a real book.

I ask myself; has blogging (started to) become passe? I know I'm reading fewer blogs these days finding it hard to keep up. Like most cool fads, at some point something new overtakes the old . Has blogging become old, a bit stale?  I don't quite know.

Then, there's my other blog, Back in the Day, a memoir of sorts about my professional life, that demands more thought, time, and effort to write, lying dormant at the moment.  Perhaps I should turn my focus in this direction and shoot for 5 years or 1000 post for Back in the Day.. Lofty goal, this.

I've always known that Ahead of the Wave was a springboard to something else. Practice.

Where I'll go isn't quite clear but at least there options.

Stay tuned. I'm thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!