Friday, October 19, 2007

Fall Family Weekend


Laura and I are enjoying each other's company this weekend. The weather is blustery and cool but the sun peeks out intermittently lighting up those phenomenal autumn leaves. I'm absolutely in love with the colors this time of year.

On parent's weekend many of GU's Friday classes are open; I enjoyed an Art History lecture (Michelangelo's frescoes in the Sistine Chapel) and a lecture on the witch hunts of the 16th and 17th centuries. I love thinking about subjects that have lain dormant for so long; makes me feel young again. Tonight we'll attend a reception in the new library and after that, I'll take Laura and a few of her friends out for dinner downtown. It's all good and I'm glad to be here.

1 comment:

  1. A lecture sounds absolutely wonderful The pure joy of sitting (undisturbed) for an hour or so listening and thinking. So happy you are doing this!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!