Thursday, July 8, 2010

Preparing for BlogHer

This year the BlogHer Conference takes place in New York City. Yeah! I've my plane tickets, hotel reservations, and the conference registration in hand. I'll be joined by my sister and fellow blogger and we've planned our trip to include a few extra days in the big city on either end of the conference. The Hilton looks like a great spot; close to the Museum of Modern Art, Central Park, 5th Avenue shopping and subways (love them). Oh, and the conference agenda looks good too.

I ordered my new 'blogger cards' for Ahead of the Wave from Moo USA. The cards are smaller than a business card and oh so cool. A box of 100 featuring photographs of my choice on one side of the card and the web address on the backside, these cards get handed out to fellow bloggers at the conference. In return, I receive cards from bloggers I've not yet discovered. Great fun to go through the stack of new cards at the end of the day and check out what may become a favorite new blog.

No big surprise; I picked the wave motif for my cards this year. All the scenes are near and dear to my heart; from Aruba. Here are a few of my favorites.

5 comments:

  1. great tag line, photos and link to well-loved place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, lucky you!! Someday I'll go. I should have gone when it was in San Francisco.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great plans. This will be a trip to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards. Wish I could go to the conference, too. Maybe next summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so enjoyed BlogPaws (a pet blogging conference) in April and plan on making it a yearly adventure. I will have to look in to BlogHer, too. I got card from MOO too for Blogpaws and was over-the-top happy with their quality and style! Have fun in NYC, I love visiting there and will be there in October for a big Pet Gala.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!