Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday's Best

Thirty plus miles on the road today: gas and mileage $15.00

Three hours of my time: (this is tough, just guessing) $60.00

Hearing him say, "I feel great, thank you so much for taking me to church today.": PRICELESS

Needless to say, I wasn't enthusiastic about getting out at 9:30 on Sunday morning to drive up to my Dad's, pick him up, drive to church, participate in the service, drive him home and then drive myself home. But, I did it and my conscience feels squeaky clean today. Plus, it was pretty nice once I got underway. No rain, temperatures in the low forties, no wind, a hint of sunshine every now and again. There service was lovely; great choral and organ performances.

Dad was pretty weak on his feet today; even with the walker he is less and less confident of his steps. No falls or near misses; just a long walk around from the side entrance of the church where we parked to the seat he likes on the far side of the church. He was quite winded both ways of the journey and felt he'd had his exercise for the day.

He's almost 94; we'll be celebrating his birthday this week instead of next because of family schedules. His mind is sharp and his observations about people and things still make me laugh. It was my pleasure today Dad, entirely my pleasure!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, thank you, thank you, for taking Dad to church this morning. Know he loves it. More power to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. How wonderful to take him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are the times we never regret. Happy Birthday to your Dad from the snowy northeast!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!