Thursday, March 6, 2008

March Madness

We are well into the month of March and I've wished more than once that I could go to sleep and wake up on April 1st. Even though there are some fun events coming up, there is just too much action. I call it my version of "March Madness", NCAA Men's Basketball Championships aside.

Some of the events converging on the month of March 2008 include but are not limited to:

1. Three different "Spring Break weeks" for the three students in my life (all at different times of course)

a. a four day trip to Las Vegas with Laura

b. Chris's solo trip to Arizona to visit a friend

c. Denny's week off and our plans to spend three days/nights at a lovely place on on Whidbey Island

2. Mom and Dad's big move out of Merrill Gardens; orientation to a brand new living situation and all the stress that comes with organizing and making this happen. I have forgotten how many people/institutions/magazines etc need to know the new address and phone number. And so much of the time, I have to pretend to be my Mom since these pinheads refuse to talk to anyone other than the "subscriber" of the service. Don't they get it that older people are often unable to navigate through endless phone trees and other idiocies of our modern day? I barely make it through the morass and aggravation. And so, I just become Doris complete with SSN and get the job done. My voice doesn't sound 91 and I think there are suspicions at the other end of the phone line but screw it. If I know the answers to key questions like her mother's maiden name, I'm "in".

3. MM and John's most essential trips to Seattle to facilitate this move (THANK YOU)

4. My knee surgery (so I'll be "good as new" to train for the TRI)

5. Dad's facial plastic surgery next week

6. Easter with 2 of Laura's college friends joining us for the holiday weekend

7. All those unexpected twists and turns that cannot be predicted.

Jeeeez...no wonder I want to stay ahead of the wave. If not, I'll be buried. I'm racing fast to keep moving forward but I hear the roar behind me loud and clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!