Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Out of Town


This is "spring break" week for Denny. Amidst all the commotion of March (see March Madness post) we decided a few days together out of town would offer a chance to disconnect from stressors coming at us from all angles. We are settling into the slowed down pace of a small resort town on Whidbey Island, during mid-week with stormy skies, chilly breezes and the intermittent sprinkle. The Inn at Langley is a great spot to unwind; providing comforts (like wonderful bedding, fireplace, and views of the Sound) as well as connections to the outside world (like TV, cell reception, and Internet capability). Paradoxically, I find my relaxation deeper if I'm not stressing about being 'out there' where no one can reach me. To many, getting beyond the cell phone/beeper range sounds rather nice but for me it's not an option right now. This environment is perfect; I can be reached if needed but left alone to enjoy the quiet tranquility and dose myself with the real world at times of my own choosing. Love it. This is a veiw from our deck at low tide; earlier today the water covered the grey sand beach.

Still hobbling about on my right leg keeps me from exploring the environs much although we did manage to visit a winery today and bought a few bottles of white. Otherwise we are reading and in my case, blogging, eating good food, drinking good wine, talking and resting. This afternoon comes the spa treatments which are indulgent and glorious. I keep saying: "I need this; I need this".

While in the local grocery store today, replete with wonderful and unusual organic and other tasty items, we ordered vegetarian sandwiches to go. I also saw this small item at the check-out counter and was reminded that only two days ago in "Notes to Self", I could have really used these. Priced so sensibly at $0.39, how dare I do without? I certainly won't need these here but they will come in handy later and are not only purse sized but packaged attractively as well. Oh my.

1 comment:

Leave a comment!