Saturday, March 29, 2008

More 6 Word Memoirs

I lay awake last night, on call, interrupted by pages from the hospital and pondered more six word memoirs. Sadly, I didn't take the time to write them down; many were quite creative, some funny, some bittersweet, and some just plain dumb.

How about some of these? There could be a memoir a day at this rate....six words is challenging in some ways but easy in others.

Born in Aruba, living in Seattle. (the original title to my blog)

Tenaciously keeping ahead of the wave.

Striving for happiness, settling for life.

Worrying and fretting through my days.

Plucking intermittent joy from the clouds.

Dreaming of calm, tolerating the bumps.

2 comments:

  1. Love what you are doing with this exercise. Mother would have great with this in her day. She's the one who could write poems and ditties as she sometimes called them. Clever with words and rhyming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, since I'm reading backwards I haven't read the original post, but I gotta tell ya'! I like all six of these. Something happens once you get started doing these, don't you think? I simply haven't been able to quit yet!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!