Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Vegas 4

We are sleeping in....later and later. Tuesday it was almost noon before we rolled out of our room to breakfast on mixed berry and bananas foster crepes at Hotel Paris. Yum. We had another great day; lots of walking, some shopping and a late lunch at Dick's Last Resort (the original is along the Riverwalk in San Antonio). Irreverent, outlandish, and just as I remembered. Then, more money down the one armed bandits, and photos at every stop along the way. Good fun. We made it all the way to Mandelay Bay at the north end of the Strip before calling a moratorium on the walking.

Our feet are so heavy and sore after miles of walking that we soak them in icy cold water back at the hotel. This hiking about has got to be good training for the TRI. I was so right to postpone my knee surgery until AFTER the trip to Vegas; I feel certain I would never have been able to keep up the pace on a newly cleaned out knee. The fact that I've been moving so easily on it for this trip has me wondering if it's worth it to get the surgery at all. But then, I try to squat or sit cross legged on the floor and know instantly that I'll always be limited unless I just do it.

Last night we took in Stomp Out Loud, our fourth show in as many days. Wonderful. We have seen four very different shows and all like nothing we've ever experienced. Earplugs would have been nice for parts of this show; I feel certain my ears took a hit last night. Oh, well.

We watched the fountain and light/music show outside the Bellagio Hotel after the show. Weary and ready to call it a day, we ate a quick dinner and headed back to comfort in a horizontal position, propped up in bed to watch Jay Leno's antics.

Our flight today doesn't leave until 5 PM. I'm sure we'll wander about and amuse ourselves for our last few hours in Sin City before heading back to chilly, grey Seattle after 75 degree days in sunny Vegas. I will miss the carefree mood and the feeling that it's ok to let the money flow freely. Reality will hit when we walk off the plane, I feel certain.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've had a really good time in Las Vegas. See you on Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!