Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Lovely Diversions

When work and related pressures threaten to knock me off base, retreat into one of a number of lovely diversions offers relief.

This past week mental exhaustion was beaten back by:




1. A great book: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I've been reading the book and listening to the audio version when on the road. This is a great tale and totally mesmerizing. I can't wait to get started  with Stieg Larsson's next two books in this millennium trilogy. I've seen people reading this book for several years and have had a copy for some time; finally decided now was the time and indeed, the time is oh, so right.

2. A totally addictive TV series: LOST. I'm hooked. Denny and I started with Season 1 back in January. It was a slow-go getting excited about watching the series but by the time we made it to Season 3 we were both hooked. Now we're flying through the episodes. Did you know there are 124 episodes covering six seasons? I hate to see this wildly provocative run come to an end. Some of the episodes are like watching the night sky on a clear night; pondering the expanse of the universe and feeling totally unable to comprehend space and time. I've heard so many people rave about LOST and have to wonder: where I was all those years when the show was broadcast week to week on ABC? Obviously doing something else. Hmmmm.

3. My bad; Dreyer's Coffee Ice Cream: sprinkled with mini-chocolate chips, of course.


So there you have my three suggestions for a grand evening after a long day at work.

1 comment:

  1. Love the way you are giving yourself diversions. Good for one's well being. I've not see LOST, guess I am missing something.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!