Monday, March 21, 2011

Loving the "Couch to 5 K" program

The Danskin 2011 Triathlon is on my mind and I'm launching the push to get my "swim, bike, and run" skills up to par. This is a process, especially for the couch potato. I'm focusing on the run, mostly to get my cardiovascular system in better shape.

So now I'm going to sing the praises of the "Couch to 5 K" program, a wonderful way to ease in to a 5 K run over a 9 week period by working out 3 times a week in a graduated run/walk routine.  The best part is the C25K app for the I-Phone which allows you  to listen to your own music during the run/walk work out without any need to keep an eye on the watch. The program sends an audible alert to prompt the switch from walk to run and walk. Very cool.

So, I'm a couch gal. Running has never been my thing. But....I must say, listening to all these great tunes on my I phone motivates me nicely. I'm in to week two and so far so good. The right knee is acting up a bit but I'm pushing ahead.  Next month I'll phase in some swimming. And after that, biking.  I've got a plan.

I hear my Mom's voice when I'm running. She whispers, "Go!"

2 comments:

  1. So is the regimen on for this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool program. Great incentive to train. You go!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!