Thursday, December 18, 2008

Let it Snow


Oh my....we are in the midst of a blizzard, Seattle style. Yesterday it snowed to our north and to our south but the Seattle metro area was spared. We mocked the forecasters who had us all hyped up about the weather but today...it's a different story. Around 4 AM it started to snow in Seattle and it hasn't quit. From our front door it looks like 4-6 inches so far. We are home bound and watching the news on TV. I had to cancel my two scheduled outings today; one was a lunch date with a good friend. She lives 30 miles to the north and got hit hard yesterday and can't get out either. I'm nervous about my commute to work tomorrow. We're expecting sunshine but temperatures will not be above freezing and that means ICE. Guess I'll end up taking the bus into downtown and then will walk "up the hill".

Last night Chris was over for dinner and we decorated the Christmas tree. Thinking of Laura 5000 miles to the east in Florence while we trimmed the tree was tough. This is the first time she's been away for the holidays. I hung a lot of her favorite ornaments, some with her name on them and put her stocking by the fireplace. We really miss you, Laura! (but we know that you have a magnificent winter trip to Denmark, Sweden, Finland, and Russia coming up). As you can see, Chris and Denny got rather silly as the evening wore on but all in good fun.

Glad that Mom and Dad both made it to their doctor's appointments yesterday while the weather was decent. They're now keeping warm and watching the snow fall from their great view to the southeast looking over downtown, the Space Needle and the white out that is Mt. Rainier.

We'll stay put today. I'm determined to make some Christmas cookies; we don't have anything sweet to snack on. Pecan balls and spice cookies tempt me. To all in the Pacific NW, be safe out there if you venture out! Season's Greetings!

1 comment:

  1. Pecan balls are a holiday favorite in my house. I have all the ingredients to make them the next time I'm snowbound, maybe Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!