Sunday, December 14, 2008

Question of the Day

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up."
-- Pablo Picasso

This is the quest for me. I want to reclaim that childhood artist, that playful and carefree soul that could lose herself in the unfolding moments, creating castles in her mind and all manner of magical experiences without the seasoned internal voice rushing to blow out those gentle embers.

I've heard and read that people find their greatest productivity and joy in doing the things they love. So what are those for me? What kind of an artist am I? And why am I asking this question in my 50's? Better now than never, I presume.

If I figure this out, I'm sure to write about it. Until then, I'll need to ponder, just ponder.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes, do explore this theme. NEVER too late to figure out what we love. And constantly reassess too. We do change, after all.

    I love horses and running and biking and swimming and reading and writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am interested to know how you will start your quest. I have the same questions but no answers. How do we rekindle "the gentle embers?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. A copy of The Artist's Way might give a nudge or two toward a new way.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!