Sunday, February 15, 2009

He Cooks for Me


Lately, seeking out a decent meal is at the bottom of my priority list. With little energy to be creative, no desire to prepare anything, and barely a chance to eat, I find that food, inhaled on the run or skipped entirely is more the norm. A bite of this or that to take the edge off the hunger pang is easier.

This man of mine, however, is one amazing cook. The next great dish percolates in his mind for days as he hones the list of ingredients and happily walks the aisle of three or four grocery stores for just the right "stuff" and the best deals. His passion for a new twist on an old favorite or the never before prepared culinary masterpiece manifests in an endless array of meals that not only look gorgeous but taste delicious. I stand in awe of this man who enjoys the process from start to finish. Lucky me as the recipient.

Although the last seven days of my life have been insanely busy with an on-call weekend and many nights spent sleeping at the family home where Mom and Dad reside, a good meal restores me (not as much as quality sleep but a close second). D has served up some amazing grub this week. Just check out this slow cooked carnitas torta with tomatillo sauce served on crusty bread.

Thanks to you, D, I keep moving forward, fueled by this wonderful talent of yours.

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you have someone to cook for you! I, too, forgo food when life gets busy. If I'm not hungry anyway, I don't want to use valuable time to cook. D's latest creation looks delicious ~ sustenance for your body and soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum I can't wait to go home and enjoy dad's famous cooking! I really can't wait for omelettes and other various egg dishes! Oh and grilled cheese and Lipton's chicken noodle soup. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband loves to cook too. I am blessed that way. He almost made it his second profession.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!