Monday, February 23, 2009

My Posts of Late


As I wrote my post's title just now the first attempt came out as "My Posts of Latte". The extra "t", that one small difference and everything changes. A typo, yes; and a reminder that I'm pushing too hard; not only do I crave that latte for a caffeine jolt but also for a bit of self care, the chance to sit and sip.

But.

My posts of late assume a truncated form, a reflection of my need to speak of important issues in my life in a provocative way. Terse, from the heart, largely uncensored, and perhaps generating more questions than answers, these "small bites" reflect the frenetic face of my life in the now. The month of February comes to a close, our second month of 2009 and I'm still waiting for the symbolism of the "New Year" to have meaning for me. Starting over, getting better, a new leaf; whatever we call the hope and optimism that bubbles up from somewhere; that's what I want. Now please. Now.

My patience is running thin. Physically tired. Emotionally tired. I ask my simple question, WHEN?

5 comments:

  1. Lattes are heaven and I've been off mine since the surgery on Thursday...missing them terribly.

    Cannot thank you enough for your support...all went really well. Thank you for being your wonderful self.

    I predict life with lay a rainbow before your feet sometime very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's wishing you some good breaks and some serenity. It's hard. I don't know what you're going thru, but you need to give yourself a little break. Take care of yourself......that latte might be just the right thing, or maybe a nice hot cocoa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear the weariness in your voice.... Last week I called a friend in a moment of desperation. Life was closing in and I was at the end of my rope. Talking with her helped me see another way to think about how I was feeling. Today she stopped by to see me and give me a hug. I'm sending you a virtual hug and hope you'll soon be able to see another way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved what G said about not being so hard on yourself. Take time to sip. Make the time to sip. You deserve it. And a frenetic pace takes its toll. Sending good thoughts your way.

    It must be incredibly difficult to let go...knowing your parents are not what they were, and your daughter...that empty nest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the perspective of this post- I am craving Starbucks right about now!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!