Thursday, September 23, 2010

Quote for the Day

"When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child."
 
Sophia Loren

I'm pondering this quote found randomly today. Is there such a thing as randomly?  Sometimes I think not. 

This quote resonates even though my children are grown. The "thinking" may be different when they're older and on their own but the part of never being "alone in your thoughts"....well, that  hits the proverbial nail on the head for me. If I am alone in my thoughts it is never for long. A force pulls me back to wonder, or consider, or fret as the case may be, about who, what, when, where, and why. Children.

This does not happen to my spouse, or so he says. I'm not sure that I believe him though. This may not be a universally female trait; this "thinking" about one's children. All. The. Time.

OK, that's enough rambling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!