Friday, April 25, 2008

Preparing for BlogHer

Designing, ordering and anticipating the distribution of these blogging "business cards" are signals to me that this blogging stuff is more than a trivial interest of mine. This post today is # 170; I never considered that there would be fodder for more than a dozen posts back in August 2007 when I launched with thoughts about my Triathlon experience. That I'm also signed up for a three day weekend trip to San Francisco in July 2008 for the BlogHer Conference is another tip off that this might be something serious. Mary Margaret attended the BlogHer conference last year in Chicago and shared with me the importance of having cards to pass out. That would make sense; what a great way to get the word out there. MM didn't have cards to hand out last year but she does this time around so we're both prepared and, I might add, very excited about attending the conference together this summer.

Blogging my random thoughts on Ahead of the Wave has always felt like practice for something else but for exactly what purpose remains a mysterious, undefined entity right now. This feels exciting. The new title, Ahead of the Wave, energizes me. At once a metaphor for my life, I also appreciate that the title offers so many possible interpretations. Some days staying ahead of the wave is easy and the energy harnessed from the powerful force exhilarating. Other days, steering the course is exhausting and scary. The ominous and ever present feeling that I must look over my shoulder to keep my eye on the wave represents another facet. But, to balance that dark interpretation is the knowledge that the wave is eternal and infinite energy, a force so powerful that it emanates from the Source.

My thoughts carry me in many directions today with imagery of the wave. Waves come in many forms. In Aruba, the gentle roll of waves pressing towards the shore at Baby Beach contrast with the roiling foam of sheer force that pounds the northeast coast. From ripples to thunderous momentum; they are all waves.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Kate! Just wanted to let you know I stopped by to check out your blog. Very nice! I like the posts, and I think you're right that blogging feels like training for something else. When you share your thoughts, it helps (me anyway) organize my thoughts and life, especially when you take the time to put it down on "paper" so to speak. Take care! Jeremy @ Thoughts On Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new name and all the meanings it might have. And the cards - fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog and do almost daily. You have a beautiful witing style that captures emotions and experiences. I am so glad that you and mom will be going to BlogHer together. I think it will be wonderful for you both.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!