Tuesday, April 1, 2008

March is History

March 2008 is gone. Adios. I've not been this happy to see a month exit and another one begin in a long while. March 2008 was a month jammed packed with good, bad, bittersweet, exhaustion, physical pain, exhilaration (sort of), but mostly just way too much stuff crammed into its 31 days. The month went out like a lion with freezing rain, hail, thunder, lightening, and chill in the air as I drove home from work yesterday. This weather is amazing for the time of year. Today dawned brilliant blue with ice adhering to the windshield of my car. What's going on here as the trees try to bud out and the bulbs push up through the earth? The weather wants to play games with us.

March was so frenetic that although I caught blooms, buds, and the magnificence of the cherry trees out of the corner of my eye, I never allowed myself to acknowledge their beauty. I kept thinking, "please let the landscape be winterized just a bit longer because I don't have time to enjoy this beauty right now..." And I would press on, my narrowly focused view blocking out all this change that comes as one season rolls into the next. Perhaps now I can take the time to revel in the beauty like I did last fall with the yellows, reds, and bronze tones of the wind swept deciduous trees.

April will be a busy month as well although there won't be out of town trips thrown in and perhaps more time to take a deep breath and not struggle so much to get it all done. I'm hopeful that this is my month to start the Triathlon training, first in the pool and then with biking/walking-running. The knee, two weeks out from arthroscopic surgery, is progressing nicely but any over-exertion reminds me that it remains fragile and unready for repetitive stress. Supposedly by April 11 or so, I should be ready to "tri".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!