Friday, April 18, 2008

LunchBox Laboratory

Chris raves about the new restaurant that opened up on 15th Ave NW in Ballard, adjacent to the house he rents with buddies from SPU. The Lunchbox Laboratory has been open for a couple of months and Chris knows Scott, the owner, and the staff quite well by now. Although their website is under construction and I could only find the mission statement, that was enough to give me an idea. Comfort food; sometimes healthy, always delicious and made with the freshest ingredients. The rest just has to be experienced. OMG.

Earlier this evening, amidst a record breaking Seattle day for weather (pelting hail, thunder and lightening, and snow) Denny and I joined Chris and Heather for dinner at the Lunchbox Laboratory. The specialty is burgers but these aren't just any burgers. Made to order, interesting combinations, different types of meat, unique cooking styles and bottom line: the best burger I've ever had, inhaled in minutes. This should mean something because burgers aren't at the top of my list most days. The fried stuff is great too (traditional skinny fries, sweet potato fries, onion straws) and to top it off Scott made us two of his unique shakes served up in 400 cc laboratory beakers (no surprise...this is a laboratory). The one D and I shared was Boston Cream Pie (unforgettable). Where all those calories went in such a short time is unspeakable but it was such fun and oh so tasty! When you want a superior burger, fries and shake get thee to Lunchbox Laboratory.

Scott's restaurant is getting some fantastic reviews from Seattle-ites restless with the typical burger scene. I couldn't agree more. Check out this review from Geoff Carter in NW Source.

2 comments:

  1. Chris has been telling me about this place too! I keep forgetting to try it - looks amazing! And so want to try their yummy burger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that sounds delicious!!! I really want to go there sometime now :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!