Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Dreams

She has said to me within the last month.....

" Where is my typewriter? I need to "clip off" some letters to people."

" I'd love to get back in the classroom again to teach."

" I'm thinking of asking [them] if I can put together a Christmas choir but wouldn't want to start something I couldn't finish."

"I know you've had such a rough day at work; could I fix you a nice meal tomorrow?"

I don't say much, just listen and acknowledge. In some ways, it may be healthy that we never give up our dreams for if we do, there is nothing.

4 comments:

  1. This is extrodinary! Not sure how to name how I feel about her saying these things. It is so her and yet not so much any more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know its hard to listen to your mother say these things as if she was capable of doing them... but you have to take it with a grain of salt and realize the more important message behind the sayings. Its a window into her true character :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary and Laura: you are both so right on in your comments. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura is so right on - her remarks are a window into her true character. Mom was a doer. Breaks my heart.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!