Saturday, April 19, 2008

Signs of Spring

Never mind that Friday night we drove home in a snow and hail storm after a dinner out. This type of downpour so late in April broke a record for Seattle. By today the snow had melted although there were still several inches on the ground in Shoreline when I spoke with Mom this morning. Spring is trying very hard to show its face despite the unseasonable weather.

Walking in Discovery Park today was a treat but the real beauty struck me along the route to and from the park where signs of new growth were abundant. The young green on trees and shrubs, tulips, and small patches of color nestled in the earth near sidewalks caught my attention. There are fewer and fewer totally bare trees but enough to emphasize the slow unfolding of spring.


Here is some of what I witnessed today. Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. These pictures are truly beautiful! When I get back for the summer, we will for sure have to go on the "loop trail". Its one of my favs!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!