Saturday, January 19, 2008

Disturbing

This photograph is a view of the exterior wall at the parking garage I use at work. Someone painted these four birds (crows?) in flight on the white crumbly cement wall months ago. But then, someone came along more recently and painted red on two of the birds. Was it the same person who painted the original four? Or was it someone else who added to this scene? The result is eerie and disturbing to me; two of the four birds seem to be bleeding and dripping at that. What is the message here?

I wonder if anyone else is looking at these birds. I wonder what they think but there's no one to ask. People stand near here during the work week waiting for buses but they all seem lost in thought. I doubt that they give this any consideration at all. Eventually someone official will come along with a roller brush laden with white paint and obliterate this unusual artwork. Weird.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That design is pretty creepy, I must admit. I like your title "disturbing".

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!