Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A Better Day

What a difference a day makes! Yesterday was "bust butt" hard; today more balanced and healthy. Just finished watching Oprah and now it's on to the preliminary results coming out of Super Tuesday. It's just after 5 PM and light is still bright in the sky, a very nice bit of progress since winter solstice in December. The longer days whisper a promise of warmer weather and opportunities for activities outside. It's about time for this darkness to take a hike.

Although there are plenty of worries wanting to steal me away, a new book by Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose has me engrossed in the pursuit of living in the NOW. According to Tolle, much like the message of other spiritual writers, most of us live in an unconscious state, never fully engaged (or ever engaged) in the perfection, beauty and power of the present moment. So true. I spend so much of my time lost in thoughts of the past and worries about the future that life whizzes by leaving me exhausted and disconnected from joy. How many times do I need to learn this? How many books do I need to read that say the same thing? When will I "get it" and "live it"?

It's all up to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!