Sunday, February 24, 2008

Tea Leaves

Mom used to be a great reader of tea leaves, back in the day when actual tea leaves were brewed in a teapot. Invariably there were tea leaves that coated the bottom and sides of the teacup after we were finished. Mom would get a sparkle in her eye, pick up my cup and tell me what she saw. This happened several times on our trips to Europe when I was in high school and perhaps even in Aruba; I don't remember her ever "reading my tea leaves" after this.

She once told me that she saw a young man in the leaves, a young man with a mustache and glasses and that he was to be someone important in my life.

As it turned out, most of the important men in my life have had a mustache; was it just the style of the day back in the seventies? But, only one had both a mustache and glasses. And, although he wore contacts most of the time, he did put on those glasses too. Turns out I married that young man.

Did Mom have a vision of my future?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!