Sunday, March 14, 2010

Saturday Seemed Like Sunday


I believe this is a universal experience......living a day that seems like another day. This doesn't happen often, maybe a few times a year for me. But, for the entire day I walk about disoriented, firmly planted in a different day of the week and continually surprised when I get pulled back into reality. The day is usually the next one up and it's usually on a weekend.

Yesterday was Saturday all day. But, it seemed like Sunday all day. The curious thing about this phenomenon is that when I ask other people if they feel the same way, frequently they do. Saturday felt like Sunday for my sister, my husband, and my daughter yesterday. Why is that? What is that about?

I was shocked that the library and the banks were open (on as Saturday?) until I put myself back into Saturday mode. I kept thinking that "tomorrow I will have to do this, that and the other when in reality I had an extra day in between myself and Monday.

Have you any insights as to why this happens? And, more curiously why do others often feel the same way? Weird. Cosmic forces?

2 comments:

  1. Definitely an imbalance in the universe. Looks like you guys had a great time in Austin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like travel for disorienting your schedule! I'm doing the same right now.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!