Friday, March 5, 2010

Spring Break; Texas Bound

Spring Break Time!

Once again, Miss Laura and I are heading off for some mom and daughter time over her annual spring break. I'm already feeling twinges of sadness as this is the last official spring break we'll have together with her graduating college in a few months. I look back on all our trips over the years as special opportunities spent with my daughter. Good times we've had, exploring different experiences and new locations.

I remember....

2005: a fabulous trip to New York City for shopping, shows, and the sights

2006: a one week cruise on the Mexican Riviera; Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, and Cabo San Lucas.

2007: Chicago in March; unseasonably warm and beautiful, we saw Pink eating pizza at Ginos. (I didn't know who she was until Laura pointed her out at the table next to ours)

2008: Las Vegas!!! What else can I say?

2009: a hiatus. Laura was in Europe for the academic year.

2010: Austin and San Antonio

We considered our options carefully this year and decided that a trip to Austin/San Antonio would be a good choice. Laura was born in Houston, left at the tender age of 3 to move to Seattle and although we've been back to Texas many times over the years, Houston has been the focus. I can't wait to show her central Texas; St. Stephen's Episcopal School where I went to high school and U.T. Austin where her Dad went to college. San Antonio will be fun too with the River Walk and the good eats. We've got a rough idea of what we're doing each day but there's plenty of spontaneous time; we'll go with the flow. Great Tex-Mex, a margarita or two, the old and the new, the memories and the natural beauty. I'm hoping the wildflowers are out but that remains to be seen. Texas has been unseasonably cold this winter.

Gotta get to bed early tonight (and pack!) because our flight leaves at 6 AM!

1 comment:

Leave a comment!