Monday, December 7, 2009

Best "Newly Found" Blog of 2009

The 31 days of December blogging challenge continues with the following prompt: "Blog find of the year; that gem of a blog you can't believe you didn't know about until this year."

Hands down here; the best new blog find of 2009, penned by a most fascinating woman who I've never met but would love to, is Ruth Pennebaker's The Fabulous Geezersisters. I love her blog because:

1. Ruth can write.
2. She's funny and wry and willing to poke fun at herself (and others). She makes me laugh.
3. She tells it like it is. I feel the unabashed honesty pouring forth.
4. She makes the ordinary extraordinary.
5. She has plenty of extraordinary in her life; she's a writer (a real one), from Austin (love that) but living in New York City this year.
6. She's an astute observer of life.
7. Ruth is the real deal.

And finally, I feel a connection to Ruth because I would like to be all these things (1-7). Inspired? Yes. Excited to read the next post? Yes.

The Fabulous Geezersisters
; you rock.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoying your year in review posts! Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will get back later to check out this recommendation. Sounds like a real find.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!