Sunday, May 18, 2008

Blame it on the Boogie

Sometimes I have to hunt for tidbits of joy in the midst of the mud. One of these unexpected moments came in the form of the Jackson Five hit single "Blame it on the Boogie".



I was at the pool swimming laps and towards the end of the hour, the two (teen aged) lifeguards cranked up the volume on this tune. I spotted them out of the corner of my eye dancing poolside to this most cool music from exactly 30 years ago. Some hits just never lose their groove and this one is no exception. There weren't many people left in the pool but those that were (sans one totally committed and serious woman oblivious to the music) just had to move to the beat (and I don't mean swim). One guy, probably my age, started dancing in the pool and mouthing the words. A younger woman sitting in the adjacent shallow hot tub swayed from side to side mouthing the words. As for me, I couldn't resist and got totally silly with my swim, couldn't control my feet and blamed it all on the "boogie".

Ahhhh, the power of music.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing...it is great to hear and see!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!