Saturday, May 3, 2008

Blogging for Dummies

Nine months into my blogging obsession, I picked up a book at the library in the "for Dummies" series entitled Blogging for Dummies. Wow. It's great and seems very up to date, already in its second edition with a publication date in 2008. Like travel guides, I figure the more recently published the better since advice changes constantly. This book has my name all over it; written for people who don't really understand how all this URL, RSS site feed, pings, linkbacks, widget and chicklet stuff works. Susannah Gardner and Shane Birley break it down into digestible pieces and already I've been able to (as some would say) "pimp out" my site to reflect what I've learned. Fun indeed.

I've also learned some great, practical advice from Jeremy Neal at his blog site, Lead Inspectors on how to become a better blogger.

Am I having fun with all of this? Absolutely. Where will it go? I know not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!