Friday, May 16, 2008

Wake up call

"The days are long but the years are short."

This short video is very powerful. I know that the not so subtle advice could be applied to my life right now. Now. Yet, I focus on the past and how much I could have done differently, how my attitude toward those long days was all wrong and how sad I am that they are over. Forever.

For those out there who still have a chance, embrace these days.
As for me, maybe I'll wake up to the fact that I can still embrace these days (the now days). Why is it so difficult? If I don't heed my own good advice, in ten years I'll be saying "if only I had...."

2 comments:

  1. Your last line in this post reminded me of something I read in Dan's cousin's blog (http://thefab40s.blogspot.com/). She had written some of her mother's sayings in honor of mother's day.

    "Whatever you want to be doing 10 years from now, you have to start today"

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always a good reminder to remember today. Now is all we really have. Thanks for sharing the video.

    Jeanne - good thing to keep in mind.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!