Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Celebrating 92 Years

We enjoyed a nice party this afternoon with live "Big Band" music, punch, cake, ice cream, and multiple generations gathered together to sing Happy Birthday to the honoree-- the wonderful lady in this photograph, wife of 68 years to the man on her left. She's a Mother, Grandmother, and Great Grandmother. A musician, teacher, and writer. A fabulous cook with a keen wit. Kind and generous, wise and sensible.

I love you, Mom. Happy Birthday to You!

**photo taken by J. McGrady

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your mom. I'm more stunned by 68 years of marriage, than by her age. ;) Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a picture of what I want ~ with all the ups and downs, celebrations and disappointments, the good times and the hard times. I want to celebrate my 92nd birthday sitting next to my husband. What a wonderful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your mom had her special day and know they enjoyed all the attention. Just thinking about all the events they have witnessed in 92 years, it is amazing. They've impacted so many people during their lifetime. One thing that is so telling about them was the 50 year reunion where they were honored by their students from half a century before. That is truly awesome! I still think back to those blackberry pies! Didn't you carry a blackberry pie made by your mother all the way from Houston to Tampa or was it from Seattle to Tampa? I will never forget that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mazel Tov! Same time next year...
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photo! Looks like they were very much enjoying the celebration. I love what Sharon wrote (above) -- I want that too!!! Congratulations!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very sweet. And how wonderful that they still have one another. I know it's one of the great sorrows of my mom's life now, at 84, to have lost Dad at 78.

    And Brenda mentions Tampa above. Did you live in Tampa, too? That's where my husband grew up and his own 84 year old mom is there - he's visiting her now. Small world.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!