Sunday, August 30, 2009

Gotta Question? I've got the answer.

I knew there had to be a reason why I snapped this rather boring photograph of Laura's overloaded Corolla yesterday just before she pulled out from the front of our house headed for Spokane and the start of her senior year in college. And the reason????

This morning she called and before we could exchange any pleasantries said, "Mom, I'm registering my car with campus security and need my license plate number."

"Well, you have the vehicle with you; just get it off the car!", I said.

"Can't, Mom. The car is parked a half mile away and I'm here in line trying to register. Can't you look it up?"

Oy. Look it up? Look it up? So, I told her to wait a second and I scrolled through my camera and miraculously found the zoom feature. Worked like a charm. On top of that I came off looking super organized. She didn't bother to ask how I managed find her tab number; she probably thinks I keep a file with all our numbers listed. Ha!

Have a great year, Laura. Senior Year is the best!

2 comments:

  1. Hah! I would offer some well-organized hint about keeping such vital information in an easily retrievable place (cell phone? pda?) except for the fact that I don't know the license plate of the car I'm driving these days, either.

    In my defense - I think WA licenses are easier than CA ones - you've only got 3 letters and 3 digits, while we have a 1 digit, 3 letters and 3 digits - harder to memorize.

    Funny, though, you retrieved it by looking at a photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is ingenious. I read this before I went to bed last night and couldn't think of what I would do. Then it came to me: look at the old registration I keep in a folder for tax purposes. This is a great back-to-school story. The kids all want to grow up and be on their own, and the first time they need help they call home - thank goodness! I like to think there will always be a need for that connection.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!