Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Blues

This is Seafair Weekend and the Blue Angels perform again today. We'll go to watch them from our perch in the Mt Baker neighborhood along with several hundred other people who've found this a great place to experience the show. It makes no difference that D and I went to the show yesterday. We can't seem to get enough of this performance. We laugh that it is one of the quirkier things we share in common.

I know, I know. The Blue Angels event is a military show-off. It costs money and pollutes the environment. But.....

For me, although the visual is very cool, truth be known I could be blindfolded (might try that today) and enjoy it just the same, if not more. It is the sound, the sound my friends, that has me hooked. The visceral, screaming, raw energy and power of the jet fuel afterburner makes my blood chill. I'm in love with the feeling and can't get enough.

1 comment:

  1. Do you like a Harley sound also? I love that one. MMH

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!