Thursday, August 28, 2008

Great Choice of Words, Bill

This is my first political post on Ahead of the Wave; I steer clear for a number of reasons.

I can't resist this one, however.

Last night I watched most of former President Clinton's speech at the DNC. He told the crowd,

"Everything I learned in my eight years as president, and in the work I have done since in America and across the globe, has convinced me that Barack Obama is the man for this job."

Notice carefully: He did not say person for this job, individual for this job, or candidate for this job. He said Obama was the man for the job. Great choice of words, Bill because we and you both know who the woman is for this job. Yes, we do.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, YES! We do! Loved her speech. I have to watch his on Youtube. Heard it was great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both Clinton speeches hit the ball out of the park. Great catch of Bill's "man for the job" phrase. I was so caught up in seeing him in presidential mode that I think I missed some of his finely tuned word choices.

    I know what you mean about political posts. I follow two or three political blogs but have not found a smooth way to work my personal political ponderings into my regular posting.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!