Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Lost

Lost

Instincts valueless
Experience insufficient
I wander
Living questions
Seeking answers
Nothing comes to the doorway of my mind
but cluttered thoughts,
anger, sadness
helplessness, frustration
To have breathed life for half a century
and not know how to navigate
is strange tonic that
burns my throat and mutes my screams
against a turbulent sea
My mood so labile that at once
I want to embrace with a love that knows no end
and in turn lash out with savage rage
I am lost in this place
No map, no horizon
Only a raw and bleeding edge

2 comments:

  1. I have returned to read this poem several times. Each time I see something new. Powerful. Personal, like sharing a secret.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all is well with you, Kate. I miss your voice. Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!