Monday, September 29, 2008

The Blogging Bug

I believe my daughter has caught the blogging bug. Her post at Nove Mese in Italia today (our time) was written in the wee hours of Tuesday morning (her time) after she finished up a long day of classes, homework assignments, and a move to a new room at Pensione Il Palagio. I know she's hooked when she hasn't posted in three days, it's after midnight, and she writes, "I hate to admit it, but I have been having blogger withdrawals! I have constantly been thinking about all the things I want to blog about, but I have just been so busy..." She goes on to describe her weekend trip to Elba and other great (and everyday) things that are going on in her life. I'm thrilled for her and treasure all her posts, including the photographs.

I'm also taking some pleasure in "I told ya so". She used to laugh at me when she'd find me intently writing a blog post, uploading photographs or editing and re-editing my words. Now that she's maintaining her own blog, she's discovered that not only is blogging a tremendous way to communicate and chronicle her experiences as a student abroad but that this particular format is extremely satisfying and addictive. From choosing the title, to writing the post, and selecting the photographs all the way through the rush of clicking the publish tab, the magic is how quickly that hook gets embedded in our hide. It's a good hook, of course. I suspect most regular bloggers catch the bug early on and can relate to this feeling.

So, keep writing Laura and we'll keep reading!

Can't wait to hear about your adventures coming up this weekend on the coastal villages of Cinque Terre.

2 comments:

  1. It's the opposite in my case - my daughter blogged for years before she got me started. I needed to be ready, and it turns out the timing was perfect. She still laughs when we talk about the time I said, "Explain it again. What exactly is a blog?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. yo mama! I was just curious-- whats up with the slashes in some of ur words? do u do that on purpose?

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!