Thursday, September 18, 2008

Laura in Firenze

Miss L arrived in Florence two days ago, classes started today and she's settling in to her accommodations at a pensione named Il Palagio (hah!) with roommate Lillian. The unsettling phone calls from yesterday centered around culture shock, a substandard room in said pensione, and miscellaneous other anxieties. I was getting bound up in all of it until I realized that all she needed was to vent a bit; doesn't it help to unload the angst onto someone else, especially someone who's so ready to take it on? If her blog post from today is any indication, the (relative) misery is turning humorous, as it should. She's in Florence and what's not to like even if the toilet sounds like a bomb going off?

Speaking of her blog, Nova Mesi in Italia, I'm so impressed. She was a bit ambivalent about starting a blog to chronicle her journeys in Europe but I think she's learning that posting can be addictive fun, especially when the positive feedback starts rolling in. Her voice comes through loud and clear; I can hear her speaking the words, syntax and all. This is Laura's blog for certain. Keep writing, Miss L; you're knocking my sox off!

3 comments:

  1. How cool that Laura is blogging! I bet you're one super proud mama!

    I LOVE Italy...my husband and I spent a glorious 6 weeks wandering around that amazing country - of course that was EIGHT years ago. We gotta get back there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been following Laura's trip through her blog and will comment next time I stop by. Thanks for posting the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha thanks for the little advertisement!

    I am glad you and everyone else have been keeping up with my blog. I definitely love the positive feedback!

    Thanks for your consistent comments everyday. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!