Monday, September 15, 2008

I Love Texas

This photo is courtesy of the Houston Chronicle website. With power still out in much of the Houston metropolitan area, people are hungry for some good grub in the aftermath of Hurricane Ike. The story here is that power is ON along Kirby Drive and people are packed into Goode Company BBQ because it's "open today" and they're hungry. Forty eight hours after the devastation blew through the city, Jim Goode has the smokers going and the food ready. I love Texas.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this picture! It makes me happy and hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The very best barbecue - just miles from here. I'll keep it in mind - still working through the stuff in my refrigerator - now in a cooler with ice. No power yet.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!