Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Achieve in 2011
Prompt for Dec. 28: Achieve. What’s the thing you most want to achieve next year? How do you imagine you’ll feel when you get it? Free? Happy? Complete? Blissful? Write that feeling down. Then, brainstorm 10 things you can do, or 10 new thoughts you can think, in order to experience that feeling today. (Author: Tara Mohr)
Well now, there are lots of things I'd like to achieve in 2011 but it would be hard to pinpoint what is most important so I'll pick one and go with it......I'd really like to make peace with my work schedule. I'll be ramping up the hours in 2011, at least for the first half of the year and perhaps longer, 80 percent rather than 60 percent time.That's at least a full time schedule in my world with the every fourth weekend on call duties thrown in the mix. I'm hoping I can:
1. keep from exhaustion and burnout (I've been there and done that),.
2. accept that the work is never done,
3. pick my battles,
4. reduce the piles of paper on my desk,
5. start a little earlier, finish a little earlier,
6. try NOT to take a ton of work home,
7. resist the urge to deal with every issue right now,
8. stop for lunch, walk around a bit, stretch, and breathe
9. drink more water, and
10. cultivate tolerance, forgiveness, and trust.
Tall orders these. But, I shall try.