Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Prompted into Negativity

Prompt for Dec. 7: Community.  Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011? (Cali Harris)


Oh God. This sort of prompt makes me groan and feel totally inadequate. I can't think of a single decent response except to acknowledge the faithful few bloggers who read my posts, comment, write their own posts and (hopefully) enjoy my comments. We grow closer through our connections on-line. Does this a community make?  I guess so although the word sounds a bit too contrived for my taste.


As for 2011, I've no pressing desires to forge any new communities. Maybe it's the word that turns me off.


Dear readers: no disrespect intended. Keep reading!  I love you all.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if online connections "a community make" either. I long for group conversations over coffee and lunches at the local diner. Absent that I connect with online friends, many of whom do not know each other.

    I appreciate your posts here and your comments over at my place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better late than never? I continue to see your all your nice comments on Sharon blog- so here I am chiming in on connections and introducing myself. Nice to meet you!

    The #reverb10 thing is new to me- I am glad you were able to connect with the last one-(with the wonderful wedding photos)- :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!