Saturday, December 18, 2010

Something "New" You Say?

 Prompt for Dec.18: Try. What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn't go for it? 

Absolutely.

Thinking back on 2010, can I find a single example of "trying something new"? I fear not. Predictable, unwavering, plodding on, doing the same things over and over and over again. How dull is that?

I've really got to get out of this rut of doing things the same way every day all day. Mix it up! Try something new! Make an idiot out of myself. Find out what new passions may lie in wait for me.

Easier said than done but I'm at least challenged by the idea.

No, I didn't try anything new in 2010, not a damn thing. What will it be in 2011?  I'd love to follow the advice in this classic from Blue Oyster Cult back in 1976, the year I graduated college, embarked on the next phase, met my future husband, and took on the world.






Baby don't fear the reaper....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!