Sunday, December 5, 2010

Letting Go of Something or Someone

Prompt for Dec. 5:   Let Go. What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why? (Author Alice Bradley)

This is a tough one. There are so many things I would love to release into the universe and never let bother me again but did any of that actually happen in 2010? 'fraid not. There are also a few folks who get under my skin consistently that I'd like to forgive and move on (equivalent in my mind to letting go) but did that actually happen in 2010? Again, 'fraid not. Those thorns continue to poke at me.

The only positive "letting go" step after lengthy consideration is something I've posted in "Things about me" on my Blog Home Page:  "I overcame my fear of the fast lane."

I CAN DO THIS!

The gripping terror associated with the freeway on-ramp when I'm at the wheel is largely GONE. I don't think twice about driving on I-5, I-90 and the like unless the weather is God-awful (snow, ice). Rain, even a downpour, won't stop me now. The images of horrendous accidents, mangled bodies, and fire banished themselves from my brain after almost twenty years of freeway abstinence (except under the most dire of situations where I HAD to drive the GD freeway). 

What's responsible for the change? This and that. The need to get to Federal Way once a week for clinic, the car trip to and from Spokane, and practice, practice, practice in a car with great visibility. I don't actually drive in the far left lane....but anything's an improvement compared to taking secondary roads on the 55 mile round trip to Federal Way each Thursday.

I feel confident out there and that's a huge positive step.
Now, if I could just tackle the thorns of a different nature and let them go as well....

I guess I've made a teeny step. I no longer take offense when I whine to hubbie, "I'm sad." and he invariably responds with "Get your head out of your ass."  Gotta love it. He's right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!