Thursday, December 9, 2010

Party On!

Prompt for Dec. 9: Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans. (Shauna Reid)


This is easy. The socks rockin' celebration of my year took place on the evening of October 2nd at the Chicago History Museum. My niece, Carolyn and the love of her life, Mitch tied the knot in a beautiful ceremony in front of family and friends.

The wedding photo collection was fabulous and....perfect timing;  my photo selections arrived in the mail yesterday, just in time for this blog post. Here we are in the "bride's family formal".

And then we have these great shots....


Need I say that I had a fabulous time? Need I admit that the magic swept me away from a period of intense sadness and gave me a respite from tough realities back home in Seattle?  Need I say that I love to dance in a red dress at weddings?




 





Thanks Carolyn and Mitch for my "event of the year"! Party on and much love to you both.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!! I'm so glad you and the family were able to be there - it goes without saying that it wouldn't have been nearly as special without you :) I'm also glad that this prompt got you out of your reverb "mini-slump" (but those last two were TOUGH, yikes!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful, Kate! Every one of you looks great in the family shot, and the candids are priceless - those moments that we remember. Red is definitely your color.

    P.S. Her gown is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!