Monday, December 13, 2010

Action

Prompt for Dec 13: Action. When it comes to aspirations, its not about ideas. It's about making ideas happen. What's your next step? (Author: Scott Belsky)

There are two things I'd like to see get off the ground, HAPPEN, come to pass, and/or launch in 2011 instead of just hanging out in the dusty corners of my brain as thoughts, desires, and hope-to-do feelings. It's time for ACTION..

Goal 1: Write that short story that I've been rolling around in my mind. There will be necessary research involved since this story takes place in the late 1930's and I've got to get my details as accurate as possible. This will be fiction but based on truth, my Mom's experience to be specific. So...research, and just get going. Start somewhere. Write. Even if what comes off the keyboard is crap, keep going. There will be nuggets of gold in there that will lead the way.

Goal 2: Get out there again. Swim, bike, run...with the goal of Danskin 2011 after a 4 year hiatus. My shoulders are a mess and I worry that they'll never go one over the other in the pool. I'm miserably out of shape and worry that the first lap will wear me out. But, I've got to start somewhere with whatever I've got. It can only get better from there.

 

1 comment:

  1. I like these goals. Both really important. The short story idea sounds really intriguing.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!