Saturday, December 25, 2010

The Photo of the Year

Prompt for Dec. 25: Photo - a present to yourself. Sift through all the photos of you from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are, or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. Share the image, who shot it, where, and what it best reveals about you. (Author: the Shutter Sisters)

Another challenge. I looked hard to find a photo of me in a red dress dancing at Carolyn's wedding. The freedom of a red dress that drapes and flows on the dance floor when the music strikes the right chord is a moment when I am exactly who I am.

Lacking that  image, here's a more sedate, albeit happy me enjoying the shared celebration of a Thanksgiving meal with my Dad. I try my best to do well by him, to honor him with love and respect. He'll always be my one and only Dad. This, is also "me".

Dad and Me/Thanksgiving Dinner 2010

1 comment:

  1. Lovely 'you' photo...

    Barbara Kingsolver said, in her book Animal Dreams 'What I want is so simple I almost can't say it: elementary kindness'

    That is my image for the new year, to give more of it...

    This photo says 'kind' to me

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!