Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Gonna Go to BlogHer

I've decided in the affirmative; I'm going to go to the BlogHer Conference. I leave on Thursday morning and will be back on Sunday night; four days and three nights in San Francisco. Not only does it sound great, it is great. My ambivalence quelled, I'm allowing myself to psych up and open to the possibilities. After weeks of feeling dead inside, this may be the right medicine at the right time.

All I know about blogging is that whenever I run away from it, it's never long before the magnet pulls me back. I look forward to posting most days and rarely have trouble coming up with a topic, although admittedly they are all over the map. Something about the process of choosing, writing, editing, naming, posting and reading comments has a deep hook in my hide. Whatever it is feeds me in some indescribable way. I long to know if blogging is practice for something else, a temporary diversion, therapy, all of the above or none of the above. For now, I'll go with it, riding the power of its forward motion and see where I land. I won't consider blogging a "pipe dream"; a term which derives from hitting the ole opium pipe and basking in the resultant euphoria, a state where anything seems possible. That may not be such a bad idea; creativity comes from such a place of euphoria. The trick is to get there without the pipe! Ahh, but I digress again.

After yesterday's scatterbrained and woe some post, I'm happy to report that (1) I got rid of my migraine, (2) I saw my orthopedist who told me in no uncertain terms that "YES, you'll be able to squat again; without pain" (music to my ears), and (3)I was diagnosed with strep throat. The strep confirmation is actually good news because it explains the crappy way I've been feeling for the past week. I'm already on antibiotics and (maybe) starting to feel better in all spheres (mentally and physically). I'll take it even if it's just a placebo effect.

Thanks to all who responded to my post yesterday with encouraging comments. You all basically said the same thing and very nicely I might add; no comments like: "Are you out of your mind?, What the hell's wrong with you?, What kind of a dummy are you?".

So, of to SF I go; will pack my bag with laptop today and bid my goodbyes to Mom and Dad for a few days away. They are in a good place; the universe will watch over them. And, I'll be somewhere else, thinking about things that nourish my soul.

2 comments:

  1. Have fun, Kate! I'm anxious to hear all about it. Take pictures. Wish I could tag along. Alas, I'll be in muggy Tampa...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horray!! I am so glad you decided to go. I can't wait to see what you write after being in that energy.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!