Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A New Month

I love to see the months "flip over" into the next. My absolute favorite day of each month is "whatever month" 1st. Although time passes way too quickly (the days being long, the years and months being short...), there's something refreshing about a new month arriving on the scene.

Gone is June 2008 which was a month I would never ask to re-live. Punctuated by two very celebratory graduations (congratulations again to Denny and Chris), the rest was a mess and I use that term genuinely. I don't feel the remark is overstated. Pressed (like bookends, which is MM's term) between 90 year old and 20 year old women, I've felt my energy for life, my creativity, and my very soul struggle for survival. I do not exaggerate.

July dawns today. The morning is cool after days of heat. What will the month bring? Likely, much more of the same but perhaps there will be an infusion of hope, healing, serenity, peace...whatever synonym comes to mind. This is my prayer offered up to the universe today.

P.S. This most amazing photograph (and my mini-collection of other shots of the same) was taken near the adult family home where Mom and Dad now reside; I "found" this tired but most beautiful composite of large leaves, rich with texture, color, and dimension. Who knows how or why the leaves came to rest in this location. There was no tree or bush of that type anywhere in the area. Mystery and magic and fodder for thought. There is richness everywhere when we open our eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!