Thursday, July 31, 2008

No Solicitors!

OK, now I'm totally convinced I've got a lawyer for a husband. A couple of weeks ago, fed up with the door to door types who keep knocking or ringing the bell to ask for "a moment of my time" and then a donation, I finally decided to post a "No Solicitation" sign outside our front door. The first one I made was simple: "No Solicitation, Please". No good.

D, coming from a world where seemingly simple things become exceedingly complex told me that my sign wouldn't keep away all comers. Really? Alright then, what should it say?

Apparently solicitors come in several flavors; commercial, political and public service. Take note. We don't want any of these folks bugging us right now. Chris saw the sign and admonished that "it seems a bit harsh, Mom". But, I'm so bone weary and fed up with people calling or knocking to ask for my money. I want to tell them: "Look, I just paid for a year of non-state funded college tuition for two kids plus a year of Law School for my husband all on a part-time salary. Piss Off!". Thank goodness for savings. :)

The sign seems to be working. And now with caller ID on my land line, they can't get me that way either. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!